Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Here are a few pictures from The Grove Park Inn's National Gingerbread House Competition. I made a special request that we go view them, and my MIL happily said yes! I overheard a judge talking about how everything must be edible that is used, and they actually will "spot drill" into random places on the gingerbread houses to make sure the rules are being followed.

An entire tree made out of gingerbread ornaments....adorable. (The couple in the picture isn't bad either!!! HAHA!) We had a delicious lunch at Grove Park Inn, where I had a crabcake sandwich. I love authentic crabcakes.


Ben and I hamming it up for the camera!


"There's a little bit of fruitcake left in every one of us." - Jimmy Buffett


This is the outfit that I bought to wear to Ben's graduation. I was too lazy to put it on to take a picture, but you will see me rocking this outfit on December 11th. :) I am thinking of getting a pair of boots to go with it.

I made Baked Manicotti with Prosciutto for dinner tonight. I loved Amanda's recipe, but I had to substitute the prosciutto for pancetta. We couldn't find any prosciutto. It was a great substitution. The only change I would add to this recipe is that it took longer than 30 seconds to get the noodles pliable enough to roll up like manicotti. I will however be using this shortcut in the future as stuffing manicotti takes a long time.


This is a self-portrait with the apron string tied around my waist, then tied back again in the front. This is a huge deal to me, because in high school working at a pizza place, I could barely get my apron tied around me. I worked with several other thin people who were able to double wrap their apron strings, and I really wanted to be able to do this. NOW I CAN! What a great victory!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

No comments: