Monday, July 27, 2009

We've Arrived!!!

This was taken before we left the bed and breakfast.

We got to our hotel around 8:30 last night. Our hotel has a Starbucks in it, how awesome is that? We took a walk along the Mall, and saw the Washington Monument all lit up, and it was pretty. I had been to take my picture in front of this sculpture, but there is a story behind it. I fell going up the last step, and wow did it hurt. I tripped and landed on my left knee, and hurt my hands. We sat there for about ten minutes while I cried. Ben said we could take the picture another time. At that point I was determined to have my picture taken by it. Hence, Ben took TWO of me with the sculpture. :)

On tap for today is the Daughters of the American Revolution Museum and The International Spy Museum.


I can't believe we get to be here in DC for TWO weeks! That is so awesome. I've never gone anywhere for two weeks. (In college I worked in two different states for the summer, but that is not like I got to be a tourist in those cities every day.) When we get back, I have Sunday to rest, then right back to school, but I know I won't regret taking such a long honeymoon!

2 comments:

MB said...

I'm glad you have a long honeymoon! I hope you guys enjoy every minute of it!!!

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my gosh, I hope you didn't hurt yourself too seriously. That stinks. :(

How lucky that you guys have so much time to spend on your honeymoon. I'm just feeling bad that you have to come home and immediately go to work. I hope it isn't too stressful.