Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 3


Here we are at the end of the day....the Lincoln Memorial. We ended up not having a picnic.


I was trying to get the reflecting pool in the background, but the Washington Monument shows up well.

Getting pretty tired.


GREAT dinner in Georgetown. I had crab cakes (a no brainer)....then we walked around the various shops.


Our tour guide at the Library of Congress REALLY loved his job.


This spiral staircase is in the Supreme Court building, and was a site to behold.


Ben with Daniel Webster.


Posing at the Supreme Court.

What is on tap for tomorrow?
The Hishhorn Sculpture Gallery (briefly: about two hours...I love art, but am interested in certain artists.)
The Holocaust Museum (we have our entry at 12:30)
Arlington National Cemetary
In other news:
I registered for a women's Bible study starting in September called, "One in a Million." We have a mega church in town that does AM Bible studies for working women. I am excited about this. I also purchased the first book for book club meeting I am going to start attending on the last Monday evening of the month. I've wanted to do the book club for some time, but teaching GED prevented this.
I alao bought "Outliers: The Story of Success" by Malcolm Gladwell. Our principal has read this along with several people on the staff, and I would like to know more.

No comments: