Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Entering a Brand New Decade: Welcome to the Thirties Self!

Holding a barracuda that Ben's brother caught as a teenager:


Picture of Ben and I at the shower his church gave us....we are showing off the cake.

Here is my birthday cake! 17 days refers to how long it is before we get married (16 days now).
Yes, you do detect MAKEUP on my face. This is the second day in a row I've worn it. Could we be on to a new trend folks? Time will tell.


Ben got to my condo, and we talked for a few minutes. He had me look into the mirror and said, "Think back to when you were at your heaviest. Did you ever think you would look this great?" He went on to gush about how I looked for a few more minutes. He insists that my body keeps getting more shapely even though he knows that I have stopped losing weight. I'll take the compliments. :) In addition to my cookie cake (which has always been an essential for my birthday since as long as I can remember), Ben bought me flowers. He is also getting me a black leather jacket. Since my weight loss has stabilized, this is something that I have wanted, and I want one that is somewhat form fitting.
Turning 30 doesn't feel bad at all. I am more healthy today than I have ever been my entire life. Life is beautiful. I am looking forward to the future with great anticipation.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, I would never have thought you were turning 30. You look very young.

That cookie looks awesome!

I clicked on the photos to enlarge them so I could check out the makeup, and I immediately noticed the jug of whey protein! It made me laugh because I have a big jug of my own. :)