Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Reluctantly I Agree... Point Proven

I had a great weekend with Ben. We spent from 2:30 until about 10:30 together last night. Towards the end of the evening, he gets up, and sits in MY lap. He said, "Now see, if I can sit in your lap, and it doesn't hurt you, then you can sit in my lap." I go on to tell him that I only weigh 42 pounds less than he does. He assures me that this makes no difference. I am going to do it soon. Heck, I've been dying to give it a try! :)

My school is a "Health Promotions School of Excellence," which I don't mind, and actually am happy that we have that emphasis. Here is the kicker....at this school TEACHERS have to weigh the students. WHAT? I remember the trauma of being weighed when I was younger, and I don't want to be the person inflicting it. Do I have the students step backwards on the scale, as not to diminish their self esteem? Do I raise a fuss, and not do it at all? I am so confused here.

No comments: