Sunday, August 31, 2008

White Water Rafting Recap

Ben and I had a blast White Water Rafting. I would honestly like to go to a place and experience a bit more challenging rapids. It was an exhilarating experience. I wish I had pictures, but digital cameras and water don't mix that well. The point is that I have an experience to savor, and no one can take that away from me.


One thing that I did do on the trip was firmly make up my mind that I am running a half-marathon next year. I would like to run it next spring. One lady on the boat runs one every year. She was at least 40-45 years old, and was probably 20 pounds heavier than me. I thought, if she can do it, so can I. I would like to run it late spring, but before it gets too blistery hot in the summer time.


I ordered some books on training for a half-marathon. This is a goal I want to become reality. I know it will be challenging, but so worth it. I am also looking into joining a running group that meets nearby my house. I think it might take a little bit confidence wise to feel like I "fit in" with these people, but I think training with like minded people would really be of great assistance. I hope to find one other lady that I really connect with who would be a great mentor to me in running.

No comments: