Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Recap

My first day back went very well. I have 18 students. WOW...what a dream size class. I am looking forward to really digging in and getting to know my students much better. Typically, I come home after the first day and CRASH. This year I did not. I didn't feel super tired until about 10:30 last night. I came home and I was pretty productive too. Now, my luck today would be that I'll be exhausted this afternoon, but won't be able to crash until 8:30 after I get done working at the GED center.


Even if I get pretty tired over the next few weeks, I'm not going to be discouraged by that, because redirecting children and teaching them to follow your procedures and routines is VERY exhausting. Yet, if I don't take the time to do it now, I will end up having to nag all year long, and I CERTAINLY don't want to do that. I love the feeling come October when my classroom is a well oiled machine. I'll keep pressing towards that goal.


I went to Borders last night just to look around. Ben called me, and we ended up meeting to have a late dinner together. I forgot to mention that on Monday night I started the conversation with Ben of some of the mental battles I've had concerning my weight loss. Did I tell him I had surgery yet? No, I didn't. The point for me is that I opened the door. I guess in my mind I needed to stick my toe in to test the waters before diving full force in. His response to what I did share...nothing but love and compassion. Honestly, I didn't expect anything else, but it was still a RELIEF! :)

No comments: