Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Weekend

I got to spend Friday night and most of Saturday with my best friend Penny. We went shopping today, and it was so weird. For the first time in my life, I felt out of place at Lane Bryant. Hello...this is the store that has clothed my body since 7th grade, and now I can't where a thing in the store. The sales people didn't even ask if I needed any help.

We went to several stores that I never in my life dreamed I could shop in. Not only could I shop in them, but I don't wear the biggest size in that store. I bought clothes from New York and Company, Express, and Talbotts. I also got my new winter coat...a size 8. Last October, I bought a size 22/24 winter coat. I got mediums in all my clothing, and for the clothing that had a size, I bought 8's.

I also came up with a pretty hard rule today. I would not buy anything that was bigger than an 8 or a medium. I realize that there are not sizing standards in women's clothing like the mens, but I need this rule. I still hope to lose at least 11 more pounds, but would eventually love to get down to 130. I need a limit for how high a number I will let the clothes in my closet get. Once you buy the next size up, it gets so easy to keep climbing up. I know, I did that for YEARS. NO MORE. The only time I will "go up" will be when I have children of my own. I am going to be a success story.

Tonight I watched the boys. It has been about 5-6 weeks since I have seen them last. The mom was talking about how skinny I was. She said I was not allowed to get skinnier than her. (She was very much joking. She has been so supportive through this whole process.) Tonight the dad kept commenting on how much I had lost, and he couldn't believe the difference in my face and neck. He said you have to be done already. You look great.

Ben and I continue to grow closer. I am really enjoying getting to know him better.

No comments: