Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Coming Along

My classroom is coming along well. My mom is coming up to help me tomorrow. I want to be finished so that this weekend I can work on doing some planning for lessons. (I have a general idea of what I am doing the first two days, but after that, I need to work on the rest.) I want to make a strong impression, and really get on the right foot with my students.

I went to meet Ben and his mom. We were going to go eat, when Ben's mom said she would like to see my classroom. She really enjoyed going to my classroom. Afterwards, we went out to eat a later brunch. I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, his mother asked me if I would like to join them for Thanksgiving at the Biltmore Estate. I would be leaving the Friday evening before Thanksgiving, and returning that following Saturday. We would stay three nights at the Biltmore Estate, and the rest of the time at his mom's house. I am going to share a room with her. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

This afternoon I had a meeting for the staff at my GED Center. I was a bit nervous about leading this meeting, because I was allowing all staff to voice their concerns about how the center could be improved. I am also considerably younger than most of the workers under me. I was able to come up with a few immediate solutions to some problems, and the rest are going to take some time to work on, as they were not created overnight. I know I would not have the confidence to lead meetings like this had I been SSMO.

No comments: