Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Goal

I had mentioned that I would be needing to think about new goals that I want to achieve because as of Labor Day weekend, I would have accomplished all the goals that I had set forth for this summer.
I want to climb Lockegee Rock. Above is a picture taken from the top of it. I climbed Lockegee Rock at the end of my freshman year in college. I weighed about 220 pounds at the time. On the way back down, I broke my ankle quite badly. I ended up being carried the rest of the way down on a stretcher.
I want to go back and climb this rock again 64 pounds lighter. I want to prove to myself that I can do it, and not get hurt this time. Penny and I talked about going to Morehead's Homecoming again this year in October. I think that might be the perfect time to try it.

No comments: