Monday, September 15, 2008

Bone Density Talk

When I first started researching Weight Loss Surgery, I heard a lot about bone density. Since most of WLS patients have been SMO/SSMO their entire lives, their bones are more dense. This meant that they can typically wear smaller sizes even though the scale says they are heavier. People who have not been heavy for their entire lives will have to weigh less in order to fit into the same size clothes.

I used to think this was a bunch of crap, now I don't. I am 151 pounds, and I can wear a size six in most clothes now. My sister weighs 160, and wears a size 10. She has never been obese. Yeah, this is just one example, but it works for me. :) Last night, before going to my parent's house, we stopped by my sister's place to make sure they didn't need anything. Once we got back into the car, Ben said, "I know one of your goals was to be smaller than your sister. I just wanted you to know that I can tell a noticable difference in size between the two of you."

I have also decided that I'm going to get a Henna tattoo on my foot. It is something I've always wanted to do.

No comments: