Sunday, September 7, 2008

Break Thrus That Don't Involve the Scale...

Yesterday, I did a victory dance in the dressing room at Target. I am twelve days into this month and have lost no weight. This is saddening to me. I know I still need to lose a few pounds, and I want to finish this just as strong as I started. Throughout this journey, sometimes when the scale doesn't move, there are breakthrus that happen in other ways. This is so wonderful, because otherwise it could get very discouraging.

I took some pants back to try on. A pair of size 8 jeans fit me very nicely. Then, I tried on the size 6 pair of dress pants, and they FIT! They looked NICE on me. This is my first size six pair of pants! Wooo Hooo!!! I remember asking my mom to hem size 22 pants from Target last November.

Later on that morning, I tried on several pairs of size 6 jeans, and they are certainly within my grasp of reaching soon.

When I started this process, I was hoping to get out of Lane Bryant jeans and buying pants off the internet. Things have evolved so much more than that. I never before thought that I would be in the place that I am right now.

I sometimes wish that we lived in a society where numbers were not so important, but they indeed are. This new number is important in my life because I have never achieved it before, and I have worked hard to attain it.

No comments: