Thursday, September 18, 2008

Packing Up Clothes

So the only productive thing I've done this surprise week off is pack up clothes. I packed up four bags to take to Goodwill. I packed another two bags up to give to Vicki, a fellow DSer. I got rid of all the 10's in my closet. I was so hesitant to put the 10's into Vicki's bag. Yet, I knew I needed to give them up as a security blanket. I don't want a large range of clothes in my closet, because that means I am allowing myself permission to go back up to those sizes.

Pasta Queen talks about her resolve not to go up to the next size. She says if she has to have the material cut into her clothing to remind her not to eat another serving of ______, then so be it. Ignoring warning signs is what contributed to me getting up to 393.6 pounds, and now that I have been given this second chance, there is no way in the world I am going to even creep back in that direction.

No comments: