Friday, March 21, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts

I've been a little down over not getting to ONEderland yet. I want to keep things in perspective mentally by talking about some things that I am grateful for since having my DS. :)

  • I actually feel like I look "cute" when I wear certain outfits.
  • I spend more time getting ready. By that meaning I think I take more pride in how I present myself to others.
  • I love being able to go into (almost) any store and find clothing that fits ME.
  • Although I really don't like general attention to myself on how much weight I have lost, compliments from sincere close friends really feel great to hear.
  • I am starting to want to do things that before I would have never let myself do. What is more interesting is that I'm getting better at not worrying about if the activity is something that my weight will prevent me from doing.
  • While the scale has not been my friend as of late, for the first time ever in my life it is so amazing to watch it STEADILY go down!
  • My doctor is thrilled with the level of health that I currently have achieved.
  • I actually have a waist.
  • Sometimes when I catch myself in a mirror out in public, I stare, because I cannot believe my head is attached to that body.
  • I don't feel exhausted anymore. I had been obese for so long that I truly didn't realize just how exhausted I was each day.

I could go on listing a bunch of different things, but I wanted to share a few on my blog. If you are a pre-op, please take time and learn what will work best for your body. I made one of the best decisions of my life last March. This decision will help me to have a much more full and complete life as each day progresses forward.

No comments: