Sunday, March 16, 2008

Colombia Trip

I met with Sam and Laura and we finalized our Colombia trip this July. I am glad to go ahead and have that on the books, and ready to go. I am excited to be traveling outside of the United States again.

I want to say that I love that I have restriction with my surgery. The common channel part of it is great as well, but I seriously hope I don't stretch my stomach out much more. Tonight I made some super cheesy macaroni (with Dreamfields Low Carb pasta), and I added a ton of bacon to it. It was so yummy. I ate about 12 bites of it. As a pre-op, there is no telling how much of that I would have been able to put away. I made a small amount of it, and it will probably be 5-6 more servings worth for me. Even the other day at a family get together, I ate less than my size 2 sister-in-law. I still am all about eating more frequently throughout the day though.

The DS does not cure all your head issues, but what I will say is that some of the things I used to struggle with truly are non-issues now. That really is amazing to me.

These lyrics from Ginny Owen's "Free" song keep going through my head. I am so much more free today than I have even been.

Turnin' molehills into mountains
Makin' big deals out of small ones
Bearing gifts as if they're burdens
This is how it's been
Afraid of coming out of my shell
Too many things I can't do too well
Afraid I'll try real hard And I'll fail
This is how it's been
Till the day You pounded on my heart's door
And You shouted joyfully You're not a slave anymore!

You're free to dance
Forget about your two left feet
And you're free to sing
Even joyful noise is music to Me
You're free to love
'Cause I've given you My love
And it's made you free I have set you free!

My mind finds hard to believe
That You became humanity and Changed the course of history
Because You loved us so
And my heart cannot understand
How You accept me as I am
But You say You've always had a plan
And that's all I need to know
So when I am consumed With what the world will say
Then You're singing to me, as You remove my chains

Free from worry
Free from envy and denial
Free to live, free to give, free to smile

No comments: