Monday, March 17, 2008

Habits of Thin People

I have become much more mindful of the habits of thin people. I used to think that all thin people had it so easy, but the more I watch, the more I realize that many of them "work at it" (whether they would classify it as that or not).

My office mate is thin. She is probably 140 pounds, and she is 47 years old. She has been extremely supportive of my WLS and we talk openly about diet and exercise. She was telling me this morning about her trip to the doctor Friday and how she has put on ten pounds. She said, something has got to give this is ridiculous.

Her statement really got me thinking. Thinner people have a much lower threshold on how much weight they are willing to let their body gain. This was something that I didn't have. I weighed myself each day, I just chose to ignore the numbers and continue doing what wasn't working. My turning point came when I realized how poor my health and quality of life had become.

What is different now? There is no way that I'm going back to where I have been. What will be my magic number? I don't know that that number will be, but it will certainly never ever get to the point it was before.

No comments: