Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Photo Fun

Here are a few picture of us before leaving the hotel on Sunday:




I made white chili and mexican cornbread for dinner last night.  The fresh oregano from my MIL's garden made all the difference in the world!  I have thought about growing some on my own, and this experience certainly is pushing me in that direction.  My proudest moment was that Reed (my seven year old nephew) ate his entire bowl!  I was completely expecting him to take one bite and ask for a sandwich.  I would like to do something to add some color to it next time.


John was not a fan of the soup, but he loved the cornbread!


HH and Reed together.  Reed loves spending time with his uncle!




John using the leaf blower.  He also made sure to evenly distribute the dust and dog hair in the house with the blower.



I was really tacky about these nesting dolls.  They were on display on top of my MIL's cabinet.  I asked her if I could have them whenever she didn't want them anymore.  (I have really been wanting a set for the last few months.  I vividly remember playing with them at one of my mom's friends every time we went there.)  She said that I could have them now!  :)  They were HH's grandmothers, so they are at least fifty years old.


I am doing these Thanksgiving Love Notes for HH from the Happy Home Fairy's blog.

I am all set to cook dinner again tonight.  I'll be back with pictures and a recipe later.

Some encouragement for you today.  This post really spoke to me.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

This was a fun post. I like the nesting dolls too.

Congrats on your success with weight loss...something I'm still struggling with in midlife.

p.s. I'm having a cookbook giveaway at my book blog if you're interested...

Happy Home Fairy said...

I hope your man likes the cards. :-) You are an amazing Happy Home maker!