Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finally Home

I'm working on getting my Denver pictures ready to post.  Here is some bits from the in-flight reading I did:

"In children 12 to 17 years of age, the overweight factor increases 2% for each additional hour of TV viewed daily.  Starting in adoescence girls' physical activity declines 7.9% per year, while boys' activity decreases 2.7% per year."

"Many of us are too passive about our health."

- Come On Everybody (Bill Cosby)

"My ability to tolerate shame, to compartmentalize it, to swallow it, increased right along with my belt size.  It came with the territory of being heavy.  Obese people have a lifelong experience with shame."

"I was trying to get used to the idea that I didn't deserve food just because I had a bad day.  Food doesn't fix anything.  It just makes your problems feel a little further away - like any other drug.  Food addicts are like any other addict looking for a fix."

"If you are not focused, you can lose it all in an instant."

"God forbid every morsel of food didn't end up in my mouth."

- I'm with Fatty

"Rewarding foods, tend to be reinforcing, meaning they keep us coming back for more." - David Kessler (The End of Overeating)

No comments: