Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Field Trip Down

I survived the amusement park. Actually, Ben and I ended up with 16 kids from my class, and it turned out very nicely. I forget sometimes just how few "childhood" things my kids get to do. Seeing them at Holiday World having fun brought a smile to my face. I only rode one roller coaster. These have never really been my cup of tea. After the first one, I felt like my back had been jarred. I didn't like that feeling. Ben was a true sport and went on all the roller coasters with my kiddos.

One thing I noticed at the front of each roller coaster (before the line even began) was a model seat, complete with seat belts. There was a notice about how this was the actual size of the seat, and for the safety of all passengers, you must be able to sit in here with the belt locked. While waiting for my kids to finish one of the roller coasters, I sat down in one just for a break, and man it was SMALL. I still don't completely have the fat woman mentality out of my head, but I certainly WAS expecting that seat to be a bit bigger on me.

I was in bed at 8:30 last night, and probably fell asleep before my head hit the pillow. I slept until 6:15! What sweet rest I had!

No comments: