Thursday, May 21, 2009

God is Great, Starbucks is Good, and People are Crazy

I couldn't think of a title, so that is a slightly altered title from a country song I like right now. :)

Today is my bridal shower at work. Ben cannot be there because he will be preaching at the nursing home. I'm really not sure how many people will be there. It is the end of the year, people are tired, have kid obligations, etc. I am also slow to make friends at a new workplace. I try to be polite, but I really do keep my guard up for some time. I've been burned before, so that makes me more hesitant. One exciting bit of news is that my best friend Wendy from another school will be there! :)

I hope you get a chance to watch the YouTube video I am linking. Several health blogs I am reading are talking about "stopping the fat talk." I'm just as bad about it as other women. The world is hard enough on us, and we really need to find support in ourselves and other women.

Question:
How do you "fat talk" about yourself? Is it worth it?

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

I hope you enjoyed your shower. How sweet and generous of your coworkers.

Did you put up the link for YouTube yet, or did I just miss it?

I'm totally guilty of the "fat talk" right now. I'm really letting it hold me back. You're the only one I've admitted this to so far, but I've been putting off sending out resumes, despite desperately wanting to find a new school, because I'm afraid I'm too fat for anyone to want to hire me. Crazy, right? But, seriously, that's how I feel right now. Just the idea of having to interview for a job with a stranger is making me freak out. I know that's just crazy, but I can't seem to get past it right now.