Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do You Show Yourself Some Grace?

I had a bad eating day yesterday where I made some choices that I know I shouldn't have. This brings myself to the question, "Do you show yourself some grace?" I know when I hop on that scale it will be up. Yet, if I choose not to get on the scale, I would show myself some grace. I guess how you answer this question comes from the background you grew up with. Were you fat since you were a little child? Were you skinny until you became an adult and then packed on pounds after childbirth?

I've been pretty big since going down this journey about NOT giving myself any grace. Why? My background was that I climbed and climbed weight wise, and I couldn't afford to give my body ANY headway. On the Refuse to Regain website, the author talks about her "SCREAM WEIGHT," which is a number where she won't go past. If I choose to ignore the scale, what if I am rapidly approaching this weight, or have even surpassed it?

Knowledge is power. As GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle." I'm going to get on that scale, and even though I know I won't like what I see, I PROMISE that number will make me reflect on what I put into my mouth today.

2 comments:

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

I see your point... but at the same time, since I'm doing this challenge, I am not wanting to weigh myself until it is done. Reason being, I know I may gain a few pounds of muscle, and I don't want to get mad at myself! lol

TIFF said...

AHHH!!!! I found you, again...

No, I'm not a stalker :) ... I came across this post a few days ago, while blog hopping. I'd found it so thought provoking, and when I went to comment on it - something malfunctioned in cyberspace... My comment didn't take - and I was navigated away from your blog.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how I'd found you.... I'm realizing now, it was through Laurie!

Anyway.... I enjoy your blog - and now have it bookmarked!!! This post forced me to reflect on my own journey - and I thank you for making me do so!

I need a good kick in the a** from time to time.