Sunday, December 28, 2008

My New Year's Resolution

I am not big on making New Year's Resolutions. I have one firm resolution that I want to make for the 2009 year. I need to learn how to cook. Lucky for you readers that Ben and I will be the main guinea pigs for consuming these dishes. I am not setting out to make grand dishes, but learn some basic quick dishes that I can eat on throughout the week. I am thinking along the lines of casseroles, soups, etc.

I am going to need some accountability for this process. I am going to post pictures and recipes of the dishes that I make. I cannot promise that they will all be low-calorie. I am going for dishes that will first and foremost be DS friendly. Yet, I will be venturing out as well, since I am more in the weight loss maintaining mode. I know I need to learn how to do this, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to try.

1 comment:

Tia L. said...

Tiffany,

I think that's a wonderful resolution/goal. I'm convinced that having an arsenal of DS-friendly meals is critical to long term success. Good luck and thanks for sharing the recipes, I need all the help I can get!

One quick note about Dreamfield's pasta, I love the stuff, but I've read that high acid foods great diminish it's low carb effect, in other words, things like lasagnas and other casseroles made with DF pasta are lose their low carb benefit. DF is best cooked separately with a sauce mixed in at the end or served on top....or so I've read.

- Tia

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!