Thursday, December 4, 2008

Healthy Vending Machines...Now That's an Idea

I was at a training last night until 7:30 pm. I forgot my snacks. I'm trapped. The vending machines contain nothing but CRAP. Why can't vending machines contain at least SOME healthy choices? I was just looking for some peanuts, or something like that to tide me over. I had no such luck. I guess the bottom line is that they put into vending machines the things that people will BUY, and healthy things are not on the top of that list.

Yesterday, my school had a video crew in for a promotional video we were creating about our building. I was interviewed for this video, and then the video crew filmed my class while I was teaching. I was honored to be asked to be a part of this. My principal is really awesome at what he does, and I want to make sure that I measure up myself. Being asked to be a part of this project made me feel really good.

On a total nerdy front. The past two nights I have gone to bed MEGA early. I've been getting about 9-10 hours of sleep. I cannot tell you how much BETTER I feel. I don't think I will always need this much sleep, but I have been running on a major sleep deficit. Catching up on sleep really feels awesome.

I am ready for the weekend! Almost there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for the post and your concern about the lack of healthy food options in many places. I think it's annoying, too, that vending machines only carry junk food for the most part. So, my biz partner and I started a 100% healthy snack vending company to solve that problem. It's called h.u.m.a.n. (Helping Unite Man and Nutrition) Healthy Vending and you can check it out at www.healthyvending.com.

Remember your snacks next time or give me a call to get a free healthy vending program where you work!

Talk to you later,
Andy Mackensen