Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It Is MY turn....FINALLY!!!

Every since I have completed college, and started teaching, I've gone to holiday events ALONE. I never seemed to be dating anyone around the holidays. Easter and Thanksgiving are not that bad, but Christmas was always the "toughest" one for me. I'm not talking about going to extended relatives homes, but my own family. Since you know how much I struggle with my dad's side of the family, that statement may come as a shock.

Here has been the scene for the past seven years at my parent's home at Christmas...my sister and her husband (now her ex, so she brings the guy she lives with), my brother with his girlfriend who later became his wife, and me sitting with my parents. Everybody is enjoying the time together, but they all have their significant other, except me. Talk about feeling like a third wheel, every year I felt this way.

Finally, this year, I get to bring my significant other! Ben gets to come to my family's Christmas. I am so excited to have him there by my side. It has been a long time coming, and I'm going to enjoy my turn!

A trip back in time: December 21st, 2007 I weighed 215 pounds! It feels good going to Christmas this year with 75 pounds less on my body!

No comments: