Monday, August 6, 2012

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies and Oreo Pops

I worked at school for three hours today, but then I decided to take the rest of the day off.  I had some baking fun with making ...
 
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
(Sorry, I have lost the recipe credit for this.)
 
 
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground coffee
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Cream together the butters and sugars.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Mix together remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) then add to the wet ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Put spoonfuls of batter onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes.  Yields three dozen small cookies.
 
I didn't use the cayenne pepper.  HH had two of these cookies, and I had one.  The rest were given to my friends at the bank, telephone authority, grocery store, and school.
 
Note: I was scared that the coffee and chili powder combination would give it a weird taste, but all the flavors complimented one another greatly.
 
I took the nuggets Oreo Pops from The Nutmeg Nanny.
 
 
HH and I watched The Last Brickmaker in America.  Dinner was a repeat, which is rare in this house.  I don't do many recipes more than once, but Parmesan tilapia and wild rice is a favorite of both HH and myself.
 
 

No comments: