Monday, August 27, 2012

Chicken with a Twist

I was so happy to see my kiddos today.  One of my girls, Tana, brought me two cupcakes with "homemade cream cheese frosting."  HH wrote his part of the thank you note, and I'm writing mine.  We had early dismissal again due to heat.

Dinner....

Applesauce Barbecue Chicken


This chicken was "different," and I would say that it is for a more sophisticated palette.  I wouldn't serve this as a down home type recipe to others.  I enjoyed it, and it reminded me of a great meal I had at a gastropub in Louisville.

Boston Market Creamed Spinach

I was so happy with how the creamed spinach turned out.  When I have made it in the past, it has always turned out "soupy."  


Andes Mint Cookies


These cookies are going to my friends at the bank tomorrow.  HH and I did have one, and they were great.

In other news, we got a bill that we had not paid enough in Kentucky taxes, so I will be mailing them $266.19 tomorrow.  

No comments: