Saturday, May 22, 2010

What's Been Going On...Around Here....

HH and I had a night IN last night, and it was heavenly!!!  We watched Faith of Our Fathers.  I knew that John McCain had served in Vietnam and was a POW.  What I did not know was the length he was a POW....5.5 years.  I can't even fathom what that situation would be like for one day, let alone that long.  It really gave me a much deeper respect (although I already had a good bit) for him. 

Today we went to teach GED classes.  We have one more, then will take a break from them until August.  Afterwards, we went to see my grandmother for about an hour and a half.  I have to tell you about how I feel about my Gran time.  It is my time.  I don't like "sharing" time with her with others.  I am cool with family events, but when I go to her house, I just want it to be our time.  Even when I was in middle school, I would get bummed when my aunt would come over when my mom and I would be visiting.  It was not that I didn't like my aunt, I just wanted one on one time with my Gran.  Fast forward many years later, and I still hold to the same opinion.  Luckily today it was jus HH and I visiting.

We left my Gran's house to go have dinner with our friends Doug and Margaret.  They are members of a church that is interested in HH as a pastor.  We really love spending time with these people.  At the various churches we have visited, no one has treated us rudely, but these people have been so gracious to us.  I have been looking forward to spending time with them for weeks.  We made plans to get together next month.  I love having people in our life that we walk away truly feeling blessed to have been with.  I feel so refreshed from our visit.

My parents celebrated their 34 anniversary today!  Woot!  Woot!

No comments: