Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Almost Mid-Week!

Today went very quickly. My student teacher taught, and she is doing such a great job. I am so proud of her.

Family drama is rearing its ugly head again....my brother has gone crazy since having a child. He got mad because my mom because she took my niece "outside the county" without permission from Todd's wife. They really are not being grateful for the free help that my parents are providing. I hope that I remember this when I am on the other side of the fence with my kids. (The only round my dad and I will go is "taking my kid to McDonalds"....we are NOT starting the fast food habit with our kids. I don't want my kids to get heavy.)

My heart is a bit heavy tonight....I will not be able to go through with the National Board Certification process. I have a pretty sweet deal at my school with my principal getting it paid for, getting us extra support, etc....BUT you have to complete all your work in one school. I could possibly rush and crunch it all in before Christmas, but what if we are living somewhere else by then? There are so many variables that are unknown, it is just not possible. I am sad because it is a dream I've wanted for so long, but it isn't the right time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs your way! At least your student teacher is working out!

Sometimes you just need to focus on the good rather than the bad - sorry about your brothers situation too - so sad.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the delay in becoming an NBCT. That is a bummer.