Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Be Thankful

A few more reasons I am thankful for my husband....

My husband's dad (who passed away 5 years ago) was MEAN to my MIL about her cooking. Lets just say that this woman can COOK....and I'd love to have her food anytime! :) When they first got married (she was a home ec major), he would throw her biscuits on the floor and refuse to eat them. She would make the same recipes his mother would make, and he would say hers tasted horrible, and rave about his moms. He was just bad.

Ben on the other hand, would rave about the shoe leather I sat down before him. He has been so sweet. One thing I especially appreciate is how he brags about my cooking in front of my dad. :) My dad does some of the underhanded digs about my lack of cooking, so I've never reallly had the desire to cook for him. Now, when he comes over, I actually get nervous cooking for him. Ben went on and on about my cooking abilities last week when the visited. It was really precious.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

That husband of yours is too sweet!! Why don't you send me your email and I'll send you that recipe for the lasagna. (It's too long to post here.) If you want to leave it in my comments section, I'll delete it after so it stays private.