Saturday, August 29, 2009

Because State Fair Calories Don't Count Right?


Ben and I started off our Saturday with some tasty treats at Shepherds Fest. Ben had homemade ice cream and I had strawberry shortcake. YUMMO! We got to meet a really neat Christian couple who had been married for over thirty years. They do a relationship ministry, and I bought their books. I got to see an old college friend (the reason we went down to this event in the first place) and bought a tote bag from her. Some people really have some great talent when it comes to designing things.


I've always been the "black sheep" of the family......



It is a hard decision to pick another bull to add to the farm....Ben is carefully weighing his options.


This is Freddy, one of the State Fair mascots. I remember him from my childhood days, so I had to get my picture taken with him. That may or may not be a bag of cotton candy in my hand.


This whole exhibit was made of balloons, and I thought it was pretty cool.



How sad is this? Seriously, this is your area's claim to fame? What are you thinking? I've even been to this area before, and I know something has to be more famous than this.

This lady was a moving statue, and it was pretty fun to pose with her.


The Lumberjills...."Chicks with Axes".....this was an awesome event.


I'm on the bus...



The only ride Ben and I rode....the Ferris Wheel. :) I totally wanted to kiss my husband on the ferris wheel....and got to!


Ben using his long arms to take our picture together on the Ferris Wheel.


I had to take a picture of this.....the beekeeper fashionista. Seriously, it is a model in a bee suit.


Some things just aren't right! Ben examines the tomato....


That is one BIG pumpkin Charlie Brown!!!


Slaughters, KY? What a nice town to bring your family up in....

I LOVE dips! When I saw this guy selling dip mixes, I went CRAZY! :) I bought eight different varieties, and decided to stop before buying the dessert ones (they have a website I can go back and get more later). I tried all the different varieties that I ended up buying, and they are super easy to make.

As you can see, Ben and I had a great day at the State Fair. I have not gone in seven years, as my first two years I had to take my students there on a field trip. 28-32 kids at the State Fair (with no money) is not much fun. It was a great experience with Ben. We ate lots of BAD things that you can only get at events such as the fair.
Friday night we hung out with our friends Alex and Rachel. We played a game called, "Ticket to Ride." I was happy that the game got much easier as we progressed...I was starting to think I was going to have to have accomodations (for my teacher pals out there) to be able to successfully play it! I actually came in second place, and beat Ben. (I usually beat Ben, but that is because I modify the rules to always seal my victory.
I am up at the crack of dawn this morning to make a Sausage and Egg Casserole recipe I found online. I am taking it to our Sunday School class. We only have to bring in breakfast once every two months, so I figure this is another chance to branch out with the cooking. After church, we are going to pick up a book that I have been waiting for a long time to be released. Then, I plan to plant my butt in the recliner for most of the afternoon and NAP. I am a BIG NAPPER. I don't get to do it much, but I will today. :) Tonight, we are having dinner with some of my co-workers, then watching a comedy act.

No comments: