Friday, August 28, 2009

Plans Plans Plans

Ben and I have picked out our Halloween costumes....I'm going as a nun (which is a hoot to me since I used to be Catholic growing up) ... who later becomes Martin Luther's wife: Katharina von Bora, and Ben is going as Martin Luther (a monk). We don't have a party yet to attend, but I know we will get invited to one. Last year, we got invited last minute, and I didn't have time to go out and get a costume.

We are also going to my college's Homecoming weekend in October. This will be the third year in a row for me. I want to go especially this year because it may be our last year in the area for some time.

Last night I attended Seminary Wives Institute. I was quite intimidated at first, but quickly began to feel welcomed. One of the greatest things of comfort that was said to me was, "You are only being asked to fill your own shoes to the Glory of God. You are not being asked to fill someone else's shoes." The other big thing she spoke about was the "mold" for the pastor's wife. Which is something I have frequently thought. She reminded us that there is no mold. I put that on my planner on the September page. I think I need to see that SEVERAL more times.

I met a girl who attended a Literacy PD I taught this summer. She was so sweet. She said, "I gave you all fives on the evaluation." I was just happy to have people in my training who taught similar student populations as mine.

No comments: