Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 8


Plans today were edited because of the length of time we spent at Arlington. Here are some fun shots from the National Portrait Gallery.



So funny!

Posing at the National Geographic Museum.

He really does have some leaves in his mouth.


Picture we took of ourselves.


View from Arlington....


At the Challenger Memorial....this is significant to me because it is the first thing in history I actually remember. I was in first grade and my teacher turned on the TV as this was a breaking news event.

We tried to go to the Crime and Punishment Museum to cap off the day, but it was closed for a private evening event. Instead we came back to the hotel room to RELAX. I wrote seven thank you notes, and Ben wrote five. I wanted to start making a dent in them, so they are not hanging over my head when I get back to school. We all know how busy the first month of school is!

1 comment:

MB said...

The Challenger was one of my earliest 'historically significant memories' too. I was in second. We watched the take off in class because the teacher was on board. :(