1. Spices really do make a difference. I thought that surely such a small quantity could not change the flavor of a dish so much, but ever a teaspoon of a spice can make all the difference.
2. If I don't start cooking as soon as I get home, I simply won't do it. Once I sit down and start vegging, it is all over for me.
3. I love the smell of fresh garlic in my kitchen! I WILL own a garlic press this weekend though! Hand chopping is for the BIRDS! (Thanks ChiTown Girl!)
4. Finding new recipes is fun. I am not doing anything that requires great skill, but I am building up my confidence.
5. Clean up the kitchen as you go. There is no need for me to punish myself after a nice dinner by a heap of dishes to do, countertops to clean, etc. I learned this one from my mom. I load the dishwasher as I cook, and it saves me a ton of time in the end.
The Menu Next Week:
1. Bacon and Cheddar Meatloaves
3. Cabbage-Sausage Supper
4. Tuna Casserole
Two nights I will be home late, so Ben will be having leftovers fending for his poor self! Ha Ha!