Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last Day of School with My First Fifth Grade Class....

Graduation went well. I will try to post several pictures that I had Ben take last night this evening after GED Center.

I guess this is the biggest reflection right now that I have on this current school year:

* There are some students I just couldn't make an emotional/relational connection with....I really tried, but it wasn't happening. This is huge for me, and something that is a big part of my teaching beliefs. A few of these kids were some of the toughest, biggest offenders in their previous school years. They didn't get in fights, or get suspended, and their behavior greatly improved, but it was only because I had to be constant on the discipline/routines/procedures with them.

I'm sure I'll have more reflections later, but for now that is all I feel like sharing and all I've processed in my head.

Ben got two more boxes unpacked last night. I worked on filling up my bookshelf. I am going to sort out all my literacy nerd books. Right now I just have them all on the shelves so I can see what I have before I move them around.

We had dinner at Buca Di Beppo last night, and my chicken marsala was so awesome!

51 days!

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

I LOVE Buca di Beppo! And, we usually get the Chicken Marsala, as well. How funny :)

Congrats to your fifth graders. I'm sure the night was bittersweet.