Saturday, October 25, 2008

Such Good Conversations!!!

Above is a picture with my former boss, and my former co-worker after we had dinner together last night. What a great time we had visiting. We have already set our schedules to do it again in January after the holidays are over. :) Of course things that came up relating to me were Ben and my weight loss (I have lost about 25 pounds since the last time I saw them.) Dot always gives me such great advice. She was truly one of my biggest champions throughout the weight loss process. She told me that I didn't need to lose any more weight, and to take this time to really celebrate where I am at, and where I have come from. She said that I am every bit as pretty as I think I am, and not to forget that.

Last night we had our indoor campout at Cassie and her husband's house. That was a lot of fun. I did of course do the whole size comparison thing, and for the first time in a long while, I really think that I accurately compared my body to someone else's body. I think I am the same size as the host of the get together, Cassie. I felt very at ease, and not out of place. That really was a blessing. After sticking out for so many years, blending in (in certain aspects) is such a welcome change.

No comments: