Friday, July 20, 2007

It is Good to Remember Where You Came From...

Yesterday I wore a pair of 36W denim capri shorts. They were only able to stay up because the top had a drawstring. Before my surgery, these pants were SKIN TIGHT. Today, I wore a size 28W pants as I was out doing errands. They fit very nicely, not too loose and not too tight. It is amazing to think that I wore one of the largest sizes in women's clothing before surgery. I could only shop out of catalogs for roughly the past two years. I am looking forward to the days ahead when I will be able to buy clothes from almost any store in the mall.

I am a bit nervous about tomorrow. We are having a baby shower for my sister-in-law. There will be lots of relatives there that I have not seen since December. Sometimes even when people are trying to be nice and give you a compliment, they can still come off so RUDE. Also, I am not so sure that I am ready to answer all of their questions yet. The other thing I don't want to deal with is the "FOOD POLICE." The DS is a different kind of eating, and since not many people from this area have had it, it is hard to explain that "high fat" is ok, etc. Luckily, after tomorrow, I will not see most of these people again until December. I will be nine months post-op then.

1 comment:

Dagny said...

You know, I don't like to "remember"! I try to move on. What I discuss in my blog is pretty much the only connection to my past that I allow.

Awkward compliments, the food police, people calling you "skinny" oh yeah it gets OLD. Real quick. Comes with the territory, hon!
Dagny