Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tonight's Dinner

I forgot to snap a picture, but here is what we had for dinner:

Seared Scallops with Citrust Herb Sauce (with Wild Rice)

3/4 lb. sea scallops
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
3 TBSP butter, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
2 TBSP chicken broth
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp tarragon (I didn't have this)

1.  Pat scallops dry; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.  In a large skillet, heat 2 TBSP butter over medium-high heat.  Add scallops; sear for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown or firm.  (This seemed to take a lot longer for me.  I think I was too scared to turn the heat up too high.)  Remove from skillet; keep warm.

2.  Wipe skillet clean.  Saute garlic in remaining butter until tender; stir in sherry.  Cook until liquid is almost evaporated; stir in remaining ingredients.  Serve with scallops.

I used frozen scallops, and they didn't taste bad at all.  It's not like I can get awesome selections of meat from The Fresh Market, Trader Joes, or Whole Foods around here!

No comments: