Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bismarck, ND

HH and I left two for TWO nights, thanks to our "spring weekend."  We don't get a spring break here, usually because we need coverage for snow days, but this year there has only been two days off.  Technically, one of those was a wind/temperature day. 

The weekend included fancy restaurants, ones that serve beautiful dessert like this...


I also got to browse Barnes and Noble, and have the best pedicure I've ever had in my life.

I didn't take any pictures except for the cheesecake, but rest and relaxation was enjoyed by us both!  :)

I am cooking the two dessert I tried out last week for Easter potluck tomorrow.  I am also doing my first ham.  I decided to do the Cola Ham from Paula Deen.  You can't go wrong with her right?  I am making mine at the house, since we will be having 4 hams in total, and we are so close to the church.  HH is going to come back to the house to get me, because I am afraid I'll drop the thing on the way to the car or into the church!

Here are some things that are coming up soon in the kitchen:
  • Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce
  • Cherry Almond Cupcakes
  • Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Bars
  • Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
  • Slow Cooker Apple Cherry Pork Loin
I am also on the lookout for a great Springfoam pan, because I want to start making cheesecakes some. 

No comments: