Monday, November 24, 2008

There Goes The Neighborhood...I Mean Simple Carbs

Today was not a good day on the eating front. Let me get started....

Breakfast: 1 piece of peanut butter on toasted bread, 1 banana, and a protein shake

Lunch: Bacon and Tomato sandwich with extra bacon and mayo (mmmmmm), very small bag of chips, one piece of pumpkin spice cheesecake along with 1 chocolate chip cookie

Snack: Hershey's bar

Dinner: 10 chips with lots of queso, 2 beef taquitos with lots of cheese

Snack: 1 Tootsie Roll Pop, and 2 peanut butter crackers

Before I go to bed, I will have another protein shake

I am having a great time with Ben. Today we toured his hometown, then we made a gingerbread house together, and watched some Avatar. :) I had him take me to Belks (a local department store), because I wanted some long underwear bottoms to wear when we go on the horse ride at the Biltmore. I was looking at the sizing for these things, and I wear a SMALL. Woooo Hoooo! Ben got to see a glimpse of my excitement, and I think he is starting to understand just how big of a deal this is to me. Tonight, when we were checking out at Wal-Mart, there was a picture of a woman in half of her pants. Ben looked at me and asked, "Can you do that?" I said yes I can! I can't wait to show him. I said I can even fit on one side with that side now being a bit loose to boot!

So my plan with food for Tuesday and Wednesday is to avoid as many simple carbs as possible, and then I won't feel as bad about indulging on Thanksgiving day. I know that there will be some awesome desserts available at the Biltmore, and I want to be able to partake in them without feeling horribly guilty.

Off to make a few phone calls then to the Biltmore in the morning!

No comments: