Thursday, June 12, 2008

Smiling

Finally, the scale budged. 174 this morning. Yet, I am still baffled. I am in many ways a concrete person. I would have done well in any science/math related field. I like formulas. I like precision. I like RESULTS, especially positive ones.

As I have blogged about before, there seems to be NO connection between the amount of carbs I eat and the number on the scale. Granted, I have not gone wild with the carbs, but my body does not seem to respond any different from 30 carbs than it does to 100 carbs. I don't understand this.

Then there is my current mental disposition. Since there is actual progress on the scale, I am on cloud nine. My mind forgets that I bought a size 10 zip up skirt last weekend. It is like I want there to be progress every single day, and when my body doesn't allow me that, I get upset with myself.

I did call and get the name of a counselor who specializes in eating disorders. I am going to call her this afternoon and see about at least setting up a consultation.

Can't wait until I get off work on Friday. I am going to go to the park and hike. :)

No comments: