Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Providing Comfort in a Crisis

The Happy Home Fairy has been doing a series of posts about providing comfort to those in need.  One way she talks about is through food.  I had mentioned that one of my friends has surgery, and I wanted to use part of my day to make her two meals.  She has two boys, so I'm sure this won't go to waste.
Ravioli Lasagna


The Ultimate Mexican Lasagna


(There was enough leftover that I was able to make an 8x8 pan for HH and I.)
Banana Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting


Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Bars

(I forgot to take a picture of these!)
One thing I've learned about as I'm reading on "how to bless people with a meal," is to make sure everything is disposable.  Don't forget paper cups, plates, silverware, etc.  I like this philosophy, and if you are going to do something for someone, I feel that you should do it well.
I think one of the biggest misconceptions about doing this much volume cooking is time.  These four recipes took me under two hours.  (I did not bake the Ravioli Lasagna or The Ultimate Mexican Lasagna, as they were going to be "freezer" meals I'm delivering tomorrow.)  This includes having to wash dishes.  I'm really learning to get in a flow, and make the most of each moment in the kitchen.
For Ladies Bible Study I brought:
No-Bake Biscoff Cookies 
(I added a 1/2 cup of oats to this recipe, it seemed a bit too soupy.  If I made it again, I would an an entire extra cup of oats.)


No comments: