Monday, July 25, 2011

A Few Quotes from Julia Child's "My Life in France"

I think what I like so much about Julia Child is that she learned to cook as an adult in her early thirties.  She has shown me through her writing that I CAN cook, it will just take time and practice.  I've ordered several more things from her, which I will be sharing soon.

"I don't believe in twisting yourself into knots of excuses and explanations over the food you make....
Usually one's cooking is better than one thinks it is.  And if the food is truly vile, then the cook must simply grit her teeth and bear it with a smile-and learn from her mistakes."

"One of the secrets, and pleasures, of cooking is to learn to correct something if it goes awry; and one of the lessons is to grin and bear it if it cannot be fixed."

"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"

"Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.  Good results require that one take time and care."

1 comment:

MB said...

That last quote can be applied to many things in life....love it.

And Happy Anniversary!!! :) :) :)