Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dinner Tonight

Balsamic-Garlic Chicken:
I grilled the chicken on the George Foreman Grill.  The sauce in the skillet was: 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 T Lemon Juice, 1 1/2 t honey, and garlic.  The sauce was supposed to thicken, but it really didn't thicken up too much.  The sauce smelled amazing, and it made the chicken very tender.

Pesto-Tossed Cauliflower:
I boiled cauliflower, and tossed a few spoonfuls of pesto into it, after I drained the water.  Cauliflower is quite bland, and this helped give some taste to it.

Brown Rice


Cookies and Milk for Dessert


HH's Current Role:
I know that eventually I need to know which recipes HH really likes, and which ones he doesn't care for.  I told him that right now, I am so excited about putting this energy into really making one good meal a day, I didn't know if I would get emotional if he told me he didn't really care for a dish.  So he is cute, he is remaining neutral, and just eating what is served to him.  Like I've said before, he is so polite that if you served him shoe leather he would eat it up, and ask for seconds.

After I build up my confidence, I'll be able to handle a bit more honest criticism.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Dinner looks awesome! I can't imagine Ben would have any criticism regarding that meal. Then again, like you said, I can't imagine him having anything negative to say ever! :)

MB said...

That looks great!!