Monday, July 25, 2011

Cleaning Up Other People's Trash


I worked in my classroom from 1:30-6:00 today.  HH had church business to take care of, so he helped me from 4:00-6:00, and worked HARD! 

I spent a lot of time getting rid of stuff that I didn't want.  Granted, most of this belongs to the school, so I had HH put it in the cupboards of the room I was supposed to move in.  I seriously need all my space. 
  • I put away about 3/4 of the random books.  These were the books that my students were reading right up until the end of the year, and didn't have time to go back into their appropriate containers. 
  • I put a lot of supplies in my desk and organized my filing cabinets by subject area.  (When my mom visits she will organize them by sub-category: Reading...Poetry, Below Grade Level Comprehension, etc.)
  • HH carried out tons of things that I didn't need.
  • HH hung my diplomas and a few other items.
  • I started creating my student access supply center.
  • I started organizing cubbies with student textbooks.
It was a good day.  It's not finished, but another good dent was made. 

My mom said for me not to do everything, and I laughed.  I can always think of things that need to be done.  I never got it when people couldn't keep their assistant busy (back in the day when an assistant actually got to help you do whatever you needed as a classroom teacher). 

I'm going to do another half day tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.

No comments: