Saturday, February 5, 2011

Date Night

I was greated at school with this from HH:


It was full of Andes Mints.  I love HH's personalized Valentine Hearts. 

Next, we went to Hillbilly Tea.  I've been wanting to try this out for a while.  It was very close to the theater so last night was a great opportunity.  I started out with some mint tea, whole milk, and sugar.  Look at the cute tea cup!


My meal was bison chili, braised greens, and cornbread.  The chili was not too spicy, and very hearty.  The braised greens were so flavorful.  They were second only to the secretary at my old school.  Ms. Faye's greens were to die for!  :)  We had a great server too.


Biting into some desert....


I asked to have our picture taken by this lovely cabinet which displays their various teas.


HH doing his best Hillbilly Dance in front of the restaurant....


We went to see Ma Rainey's Black Bottom at Actor's Theater.  All the shows this year we have attended we have been able to get $20 on the day of the show.  The theaters at Actors are not really large (150 people), so there is no "bad seat" in the house.  Our security/attendance clerk from school went with us too.


Show advertisement...I really wanted to get my picture in front of it posing like Ma Rainey, but we never got around to it.


Things Said at Work:

*  While I'm out sending a fax, my students are in library.  I had kept two students back who needed to catch up on some work.  My student teacher is in there, and the girl just randomly looks at her and says, "You're not really fat, but you're not really skinny either."  Um...OK.
*  I'm doing my normal thing, rockin the guided reading groups.  I have my toughest group as in powerful personalities that each want to dominate the group.  We are reading a book on The Thirteen Colonies, and I've got them all into the strategy and skill I was teaching.  I forgot that the founder of one colony was THOMAS HOOKER.  Yeah, they had a field day with his name for about 45 seconds, then I had to lasso them back in.  I'm not planning on reading this section with kiddos anymore!

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

mmmmmm.....greens!!! I LOVE THEM!

Looks like a great night! You two are so adorable.

I hope your sister is hanging in there. I'm sure there's been some sense of relief now that Matt isn't suffering anymore, but I'm sure she's still in so much pain. I've been continuing my prayers for her, and the rest of your family. {{{hugs}}}