Thursday, July 1, 2010

Major Disappointment

Last night HH and I went to a midnight showing of Avatar: The Last Airbender.  This was my very first midnight showing of a movie.  HH and I went in character.  (I came home, and he had gone through my closet to find a suitable costume for me.)  I have eagerly been awaiting this movie for a good eight months.  When we started dating, HH and I watched the series on DVD.  I was skeptical of watching a children's cartoon series, but after the first episode, I was hooked.

The movie was an utter disappointment.  :(  I didn't make it all the way through, roughly one-third (12:15am is not the best time for me to see a movie after working all day), but could tell the director took way too much artistic license.  Sometimes it is simply best to stick to the original work, and this would have made Avatar a smashing success.  In short, I want our $25 back.

No comments: