Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Fun


HH and I are being complete dorks while sitting in Friday early evening traffic.  We went out to dinner at Red Lobster, because we both love seafood. (Looking forward to some ultra fresh seafood next weekend when we are down by the coast for the night.)


We went to a comic event with Michael Jr.  HH and I love comedy.  We've gone to a dozen or so comedy shows since we've been together.  We really appreciate clean comedy.  Michael Jr. delivers.  I first heard of him when I watched "Thou Shalt Laugh," and was pumped when I saw that he would be in Louisville!  If you scroll down on the blog, you can see a few clips from his shows.


Awe....aren't we cute.  I really liked the red backdrop, and would have liked to had our picture taken on the stage by it, but wasn't brave enough to go up there. 

Saturday we had lunch at Panera Bread with a couple that HH is going to marry at the end of the month.  This will be the first wedding he has performed.  It was so awesome to see him walk through the ceremony with the couple, etc.  We know the couple from the dance studio HH and I used to frequent.

We went to Shakespeare in the Park to see Much Ado About Nothing with our friends Beau and Alex.  I missed a lot of what was going on during the first half due to a man who was talking on his cell phone for a good THIRTY minutes.  REALLY?  I glared at him at least fifteen times, but that didn't help. 

Afterwards, we went to Starbucks and talked.  This particular Starbucks has a VAULT.  It used to be a bank, and they never took out the vault.  We talked in the vault.  So cool.  Sadly, I didn't take pictures of this.  I really like small group interactions.  I've never been a big fan of large groups.  It was nice being with another couple and getting to know them better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! How did you and your hubby meet? I love hearing about that kind of stuff!