Sunday, March 29, 2009

Motivated or Unmotivated Eater?

Surprising Reasons You're Gaining Weight

"Being a Motivated EaterWhat would you do to get a snack? Get off the couch at 10 p.m., change out of your pajamas and drive through a frigid night to buy ice cream at the grocery store? Then you’re a motivated eater and it can be harder for you to resist indulging your cravings, says Dr. Temple. “Non-motivated” eaters would rather not eat anything and just stay put on the couch."

I thought about this as I read this article from Woman's Day magazine. I certainly fell into the "motivated eater" category as a pre-op. In assessing my post-op life, more often than not, I still fall into that category. Accessibility is certainly a key factor. I live in a large city where it does not take much time to get an food that I would desire. I need to learn to work on eating what I have, and if that doesn't cut it, then face the fact that I am probably not that hungry after all.

What type of eater are you, motivated or unmotivated?

No comments: