Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who is Momma Cass?

HH and I bought our Halloween costumes this afternoon.  I went to sneak peak at the choices yesterday before meeting my friend Wendy.  Finding Halloween costumes can be a hard thing...I love the idea of us dressing up as a couple, and with HH's theater background, he is always game.  The problem comes in with the fact that we are Christians, and many of the outfits are less than edifying to me.  I don't want my body portrayed with super short skirts, and low cut tops.  This considerably narrows the Halloween costume field for us.

I hadn't thought of this idea before seeing it in the store, but fell for it completely when I saw it at the store: HIPPIES!!!  I wasn't sure HH would go for it, so I didn't want to get too excited.  HH said it was a GO!

Today we went to buy the outfits.  When HH saw mine he said, "Tiffany come on now, you've lost the weight you don't have to look like Momma Cass."  To which I replied who was she.  After he saw the outfit on me, he said it looked much more flattering than it appeared on the package.  (I googled her picture when we got home.)

For those of you who don't know who Momma Cass was....

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh, sweetheart, you make me feel SO old!!

Just for the record, I love Mama Cass.

Ice Queen said...

"She doesn't know who Mama Cass was," I mutter to myself, feeling very old, now.

Mama Cass was really kinda fabulous. And, contrary to popular myth, didn't choke to death on a ham sandwich.