Thursday, September 23, 2010

Teaching in the City...


This was a picture snapped at the end of dinner with Ernesto, our student teacher from the spring.  He is such a great guy!  Fun times at Havana Rumba!

On Feeling Appreciated...


I am helping to tutor a boy in my class.  I started today.  This is something I am doing on a volunteer basis.  I really was reluctant to offer this, although the parent was asking me to.  (Please don't get that I don't want to "help" my kids, but I easily average five hours of meetings each week outside of school, not counting what I do in the evening.)  She was just expressing her concern.  When she got to school to pick him up (she lives 40 minutes away, and has to go through heavy traffic), she was SO APPRECIATIVE!  I was floored.  It was so nice and refreshing.

No comments: